Sunday 17 November 2013

I return!

Five months have passed - really where does time go! I now only have 6 more weeks until I complete my Masters dissertation and submit - fingers crossed.PhD after that I hope!  Naturally I have not written much poetry during this time - hopefully my pen will start to flow creatively after January. In the meantime, I post a poem I wrote last year on a visit to Surgeons Hall.



stifled breath,
conscious yet of the flow of ideas, waiting
to flood blank pages;
desire to capture the light behind glass
but distracted by frozen foetal forms,
gruesome in beauty;
heartbeats halt in hesitant lives
watched by blood red eyes,
embalmed in language.
such diverse images flutter between troubled breaths,
yet now are grounded by pen and ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment